Wednesday, March 4, 2009

25 Random Things

OK this keeps going around and I figure its the best way for you to get better insight into the depths that are me. hehehe. if you already read it before on facebook, that's OK I'm sitting on about five more posts that will pop up as soon as I have a free minute.

1. I hate the word random, but I love making lists

2. If I were to have a super power it would be the ability to be in more than one place at a time.

3. I love and commit to my friends and family 110% but I can give only one person at a time that 110%

4. I love seeing Gods hand at work, even in other people’s lives. It excites me

5. My husband irritated me and I could not stand him before I married him. (Now he rarely does and I would be lost without him)

6. Still want to be a missionary outside of the US.

7. Love to write but I have nothing to do with any "ability" that I might have in doing so, because when I try to speak in cognitive thoughts people generally think I’m speaking in tongues.

8. I am not joining the digital age for TV.

9. Sarcasm brings me special delight and even more so that Paul used it in the bible.

10. I am extremely disciplined when it comes to housework and exercise....oh that sarcasm snuck in.

11. Holland has to have too many things on her plate in order to function.

12. I’m still dumbfounded that children messed up my metabolism ( i miss being able to eat an entire pizza and not wonder which thigh it was going to end up on)

13. Really truly love raising a house full of girls.

14. If I don’t want to be any of the things I did as a child, does that mean I’m grown up?

15. Enjoys the challenge of a functioning brain. Most days it does'nt function and then out of the blue it will jump in and be sharp and quick, but it only lasts a few hours.

16. I find entertainment in making people laugh, esp. when they are not supposed too.

17. My mother strikes fear and terror in my heart when she announces that for my birthday she
is sending the cleaning lady to my house!

18. I never say good-bye to my husband.

19. Like to soak in people’s knowledge of the bible.

20. I get easily irritated by parents that don’t parent.

21. I'm itching to move

22. I am curious to see how much we really need to live. I’m not taking this junk anywhere.

23. I chop off my hair when I get bored. umm, case and point check out my new profile pic.

24. Can’t help laughing with my kid’s contagious laughter.

25. I can’t help redecorating people’s houses in my head. I am constantly rearranging.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my word Holland, I LOVE your hair!!!!!!!!
By the way we loved that guy singing Be Thou My Vision. He kind of reminded us of Geoff is a funny way.
Are you itching to move to Pennsylvania??? Maybe you could come help redecorate my house!

Anonymous said...

Holland your hair is cute! I wish when I got bored and cut my hair off it would look that cute. Wait a second, I would be almost bald if I got bored :). I enjoy visiting your blog and reading what is new in your life. You and your family are in our prayers. I'm not trying to be anonymous but I couldn't comment as anybody else. Ash

BE Whitetree said...

hey can u read my blog now? Its been possessed lately, it won't even like register the background I put on it! Help me

Sonya Atencio said...

OMGosh! #16 made me LOL! Been there done that with you! When it happens I cannot look at you. If I look at you I will LOSE it! Absolutely LOSE IT! I sure do love you Friend! :)

Derek said...

Nicole, on Derek's account:

#18--Why? I'm curious. . .
#21--Something you guys are seriously considering?
#25--Will you PLEASE come and redecorate mine for me? I'm not joking!

Holland said...

sonya 16 made me think of you!
nicki - 18 comes from not ever having the chance to say goodbye to our firstborn. Geoff and I always say see you later, because no matter what we know we will always see eachother later.
21 - no we are not moving this is the longest i have ever lived anywhere. 6 yrs. it is just in my blood to move every couple years.
25 - hmm geoff says i have to finish school before i take on any other projects! :)

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

25 Random Things

OK this keeps going around and I figure its the best way for you to get better insight into the depths that are me. hehehe. if you already read it before on facebook, that's OK I'm sitting on about five more posts that will pop up as soon as I have a free minute.

1. I hate the word random, but I love making lists

2. If I were to have a super power it would be the ability to be in more than one place at a time.

3. I love and commit to my friends and family 110% but I can give only one person at a time that 110%

4. I love seeing Gods hand at work, even in other people’s lives. It excites me

5. My husband irritated me and I could not stand him before I married him. (Now he rarely does and I would be lost without him)

6. Still want to be a missionary outside of the US.

7. Love to write but I have nothing to do with any "ability" that I might have in doing so, because when I try to speak in cognitive thoughts people generally think I’m speaking in tongues.

8. I am not joining the digital age for TV.

9. Sarcasm brings me special delight and even more so that Paul used it in the bible.

10. I am extremely disciplined when it comes to housework and exercise....oh that sarcasm snuck in.

11. Holland has to have too many things on her plate in order to function.

12. I’m still dumbfounded that children messed up my metabolism ( i miss being able to eat an entire pizza and not wonder which thigh it was going to end up on)

13. Really truly love raising a house full of girls.

14. If I don’t want to be any of the things I did as a child, does that mean I’m grown up?

15. Enjoys the challenge of a functioning brain. Most days it does'nt function and then out of the blue it will jump in and be sharp and quick, but it only lasts a few hours.

16. I find entertainment in making people laugh, esp. when they are not supposed too.

17. My mother strikes fear and terror in my heart when she announces that for my birthday she
is sending the cleaning lady to my house!

18. I never say good-bye to my husband.

19. Like to soak in people’s knowledge of the bible.

20. I get easily irritated by parents that don’t parent.

21. I'm itching to move

22. I am curious to see how much we really need to live. I’m not taking this junk anywhere.

23. I chop off my hair when I get bored. umm, case and point check out my new profile pic.

24. Can’t help laughing with my kid’s contagious laughter.

25. I can’t help redecorating people’s houses in my head. I am constantly rearranging.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my word Holland, I LOVE your hair!!!!!!!!
By the way we loved that guy singing Be Thou My Vision. He kind of reminded us of Geoff is a funny way.
Are you itching to move to Pennsylvania??? Maybe you could come help redecorate my house!

Anonymous said...

Holland your hair is cute! I wish when I got bored and cut my hair off it would look that cute. Wait a second, I would be almost bald if I got bored :). I enjoy visiting your blog and reading what is new in your life. You and your family are in our prayers. I'm not trying to be anonymous but I couldn't comment as anybody else. Ash

BE Whitetree said...

hey can u read my blog now? Its been possessed lately, it won't even like register the background I put on it! Help me

Sonya Atencio said...

OMGosh! #16 made me LOL! Been there done that with you! When it happens I cannot look at you. If I look at you I will LOSE it! Absolutely LOSE IT! I sure do love you Friend! :)

Derek said...

Nicole, on Derek's account:

#18--Why? I'm curious. . .
#21--Something you guys are seriously considering?
#25--Will you PLEASE come and redecorate mine for me? I'm not joking!

Holland said...

sonya 16 made me think of you!
nicki - 18 comes from not ever having the chance to say goodbye to our firstborn. Geoff and I always say see you later, because no matter what we know we will always see eachother later.
21 - no we are not moving this is the longest i have ever lived anywhere. 6 yrs. it is just in my blood to move every couple years.
25 - hmm geoff says i have to finish school before i take on any other projects! :)

Text