My husband and Father are home again
after a long cross country trek.
Here are some pictures from their trip. I think I would much rather take the trip this way (in front of the computer) than the actual trip itself. This is a picture of the first "stream" they crossed on their bikes.
after a long cross country trek.
Here are some pictures from their trip. I think I would much rather take the trip this way (in front of the computer) than the actual trip itself. This is a picture of the first "stream" they crossed on their bikes.
It was after this trip through the "stream" that Geoff became the "starter" for the rest of the trip for dad's bike. Dads starter on his motorcycle went out when it drowned in said "stream". Geoff now had to push dad, his gear, and the bike all totalling 900lbs to get it started. He described this event as the one man bobsled team. Pushing for all he was worth every time they stopped, Which happened to be every 100 miles since Geoffs tank is not very big.
The bikes
Their posh accommodations.
Somewhere along the way, I have no idea why the sky is pink.
The wandering odd couple.
On the road again.
Of course there was fishing! This is my Dad!
This is another "stream" they crossed! At least this time they crossed it in my uncles truck! Geoff is here trying to find the shallowest spot to cross.
My Grandpa Hovda and Geoff deep in conversation.
Geoff really enjoyed the opportunity to stay with my grandparents
and get to know them a little better.
Grand Canyon on the way home. Geoff had never seen the big hole in the ground before.
Here is Geoff's "Wonder Woman" tan from wearing gloves and his sleeves pushed up. Priceless!
After 2300 miles and 7 days Geoff arrived home safe and sound. He definitely had a memorable trip. He stopped off to see the Grand Canyon on his round about way home. He talked of chasing thunderstorms across the plains and skinny mountain roads with a sheer drop off plummeting hundreds of feet below. He spoke of waterfalls and breath taking mountain lakes. And of course the intense heat that he described as "riding inside a hair dryer". I have enjoyed the insight that he has been sharing in bits and pieces. I think it was a great trip for him and may even let him do it again, sometime.
After disassembling his bike for a deep cleaning he has now decided he would like to make a custom seat and gas tank for his bike. I quickly step in as the ever gentle and loving wife and remind him of all the other projects he must finish first. I know I am such a drag. So for now the bike sits in pieces in the garage. I am just making a guess but I am pretty sure this treasure ain't for sale no more.



3 comments:
Unless, of course, he just trades it in on a model with a more comfortable seat and a larger gas tank :)
I'm glad to see they had a good trip! And I know you're glad they're home safe!!
Welcome to dudedom Geoffrey. I say "welcome" though I'm not quite there myself. I did have a 1980 gold yamaha scooter. I looked like a cross between Dorothy from Oz and Napolean Dynamite. I am a little jealous, looks like a blast. You should send your Grand Can shot to mens motorcyling magazine - looks pretty hardcore. Christian
Oh my I can just imagine this trip! How fun. He's too close to the edge of that cliff in that Grand Canyon pic. Don't you just want to tell him to step back? Step back Geoff for the love of Pete! AAAGH.
Post a Comment