Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Chapter

Well the time has come. All 3 of my precious punkn's went to school today, and by "went" I don't mean to the kitchen table. Home school in the Kisch house has come to an end. It was never my intent to teach the girls past 2nd grade. It became abundantly clear that the girls needed more than I could give them, so the decision was made. I fired myself from the position as their teacher and went in search of the alternative that would be better for all of us. It was not easy by any means and yet there was an immense amount of relief on my part. To now be able to be a mom that could equip my kids in the areas I excel in, rather than to struggle and muddle through all the areas I lack. I feel I am so much more able to come along side and assist rather than be responsible for their education.
Now if you have been anywhere near the girls in the last several months I am sure have already you heard all about their excitement over the prospect of going to "real school". Today that became a reality for each of them. For Amia she could not wait for the day to start. She was dressed and ready to go long before 6am! She counted of the hours until school started like the gong in a grandfather clock! (precious punkn') 
After meeting her teacher Zoe was even more thrilled about going to school....that is until she saw her desk was right next to a boys! I was dumbfounded! Zoe? My Zoe? I just stared at her for a moment and then told her to put quivering lip and tears away. A quick look around the room told me there were no girls sitting next girls anywhere in that room. I realized the teacher knew exactly what she was doing. So after a brief pep talk and a knuckle pound I left.... because now this strange wetness was welling up in my eyes too! A quick peek later told me Zoe was fine and back to her normal self.
Grace exuded confidence as she took off for middle school, locker combination memorized, class schedule and school map in hand. She wanted nothing to do with the more than willing to "hold her hand" mother following her every step. I snapped 2 pictures only 2 mind you, of her before she left for school and she asked me in her ever so polite way... MOM could you please stop taking pictures of me?! I am not a celebrity or nothin'!!!" 
WHAT?! But, But, You are my celebrity I whined. 
She didn't buy it and only rolled her eyes for any further pictures I may have taken. I really really wanted to go all papparazzi on her. I envisioned gathering other jilted moms together and joining forces. Where we would be armed with 7 cameras each. Following her every move snapping millions of pictures. OOOOing and AWWWWing all the way!...... but I refrained. (silly girl, don't know how good she's got it.) 
Anyway off she went like the big girl she is. I suppose, like my friend Lori says each step is training you for the next. I mean, one day soon they will be walking down an aisle....AAAAHHHH!  
Ok for now I'm good with just dropping her off and picking her up at school.

1 comment:

christina said...

They are so sweet! I'm glad they are excited, that makes the transition easier to handle. I hope they enjoy their first day! (And the rest of the year).

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Chapter

Well the time has come. All 3 of my precious punkn's went to school today, and by "went" I don't mean to the kitchen table. Home school in the Kisch house has come to an end. It was never my intent to teach the girls past 2nd grade. It became abundantly clear that the girls needed more than I could give them, so the decision was made. I fired myself from the position as their teacher and went in search of the alternative that would be better for all of us. It was not easy by any means and yet there was an immense amount of relief on my part. To now be able to be a mom that could equip my kids in the areas I excel in, rather than to struggle and muddle through all the areas I lack. I feel I am so much more able to come along side and assist rather than be responsible for their education.
Now if you have been anywhere near the girls in the last several months I am sure have already you heard all about their excitement over the prospect of going to "real school". Today that became a reality for each of them. For Amia she could not wait for the day to start. She was dressed and ready to go long before 6am! She counted of the hours until school started like the gong in a grandfather clock! (precious punkn') 
After meeting her teacher Zoe was even more thrilled about going to school....that is until she saw her desk was right next to a boys! I was dumbfounded! Zoe? My Zoe? I just stared at her for a moment and then told her to put quivering lip and tears away. A quick look around the room told me there were no girls sitting next girls anywhere in that room. I realized the teacher knew exactly what she was doing. So after a brief pep talk and a knuckle pound I left.... because now this strange wetness was welling up in my eyes too! A quick peek later told me Zoe was fine and back to her normal self.
Grace exuded confidence as she took off for middle school, locker combination memorized, class schedule and school map in hand. She wanted nothing to do with the more than willing to "hold her hand" mother following her every step. I snapped 2 pictures only 2 mind you, of her before she left for school and she asked me in her ever so polite way... MOM could you please stop taking pictures of me?! I am not a celebrity or nothin'!!!" 
WHAT?! But, But, You are my celebrity I whined. 
She didn't buy it and only rolled her eyes for any further pictures I may have taken. I really really wanted to go all papparazzi on her. I envisioned gathering other jilted moms together and joining forces. Where we would be armed with 7 cameras each. Following her every move snapping millions of pictures. OOOOing and AWWWWing all the way!...... but I refrained. (silly girl, don't know how good she's got it.) 
Anyway off she went like the big girl she is. I suppose, like my friend Lori says each step is training you for the next. I mean, one day soon they will be walking down an aisle....AAAAHHHH!  
Ok for now I'm good with just dropping her off and picking her up at school.

1 comment:

christina said...

They are so sweet! I'm glad they are excited, that makes the transition easier to handle. I hope they enjoy their first day! (And the rest of the year).

Text