Oh my Goodness! We (both Geoff and I) went in to see the doctor yesterday. Everything was running smooth questions were being asked and answers were being given. I wasn't nervous or anxious, (that, I attribute to your prayers, thank you!) Then the nurse started to look for the heart-beat, my excitement quickly turned to terror when I realized she was having some trouble locating the baby's heart-beat.
Just a little bit of background for you, we did not know that anything was wrong with either of our boys until we went in for our routine check-ups and found no heart-beat. So you might imagine where my mind had already run to. The nurse continued to search, and then went to retrieve a different monitor and tried again to no avail. By now tears are streaming down my face and the mascara that I put on for special occasions was now a puddling pool in my ears. The nurse had now gone on to locate the Dr. and let him know what was happening. Whispers of emergency sonograms were also filling my ears.
Five minutes had passed but you have to know that even lying there with an all to familiar road laid out before us, I was blessed with indescribable peace. God's word poured out of my heart and into my paralyzed brain. Holland, be still and know that I AM GOD. oh ya, I know that, why do we so quickly forget that when faced with fear? Be anxious for nothing Holland, did I not create life?
The Doctor came in and after a moment found the baby's beating heart. "He said once you find it you know it's always been there." Part of me wanted to sing He's got the whole world in His hands and the other part of me wanted to puke. We have a baby and a beating heart which by the way is the greatest sound in the world! We have a medical sonogram scheduled for Thursday the 28Th, oh wow that's tomorrow! Yes, we will get to find out then what we are having. So I will let you know, asap! Thank you all again for your prayers, I will never underestimate them.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
What a Day!
Oh my Goodness! We (both Geoff and I) went in to see the doctor yesterday. Everything was running smooth questions were being asked and answers were being given. I wasn't nervous or anxious, (that, I attribute to your prayers, thank you!) Then the nurse started to look for the heart-beat, my excitement quickly turned to terror when I realized she was having some trouble locating the baby's heart-beat.
Just a little bit of background for you, we did not know that anything was wrong with either of our boys until we went in for our routine check-ups and found no heart-beat. So you might imagine where my mind had already run to. The nurse continued to search, and then went to retrieve a different monitor and tried again to no avail. By now tears are streaming down my face and the mascara that I put on for special occasions was now a puddling pool in my ears. The nurse had now gone on to locate the Dr. and let him know what was happening. Whispers of emergency sonograms were also filling my ears.
Five minutes had passed but you have to know that even lying there with an all to familiar road laid out before us, I was blessed with indescribable peace. God's word poured out of my heart and into my paralyzed brain. Holland, be still and know that I AM GOD. oh ya, I know that, why do we so quickly forget that when faced with fear? Be anxious for nothing Holland, did I not create life?
The Doctor came in and after a moment found the baby's beating heart. "He said once you find it you know it's always been there." Part of me wanted to sing He's got the whole world in His hands and the other part of me wanted to puke. We have a baby and a beating heart which by the way is the greatest sound in the world! We have a medical sonogram scheduled for Thursday the 28Th, oh wow that's tomorrow! Yes, we will get to find out then what we are having. So I will let you know, asap! Thank you all again for your prayers, I will never underestimate them.
Just a little bit of background for you, we did not know that anything was wrong with either of our boys until we went in for our routine check-ups and found no heart-beat. So you might imagine where my mind had already run to. The nurse continued to search, and then went to retrieve a different monitor and tried again to no avail. By now tears are streaming down my face and the mascara that I put on for special occasions was now a puddling pool in my ears. The nurse had now gone on to locate the Dr. and let him know what was happening. Whispers of emergency sonograms were also filling my ears.
Five minutes had passed but you have to know that even lying there with an all to familiar road laid out before us, I was blessed with indescribable peace. God's word poured out of my heart and into my paralyzed brain. Holland, be still and know that I AM GOD. oh ya, I know that, why do we so quickly forget that when faced with fear? Be anxious for nothing Holland, did I not create life?
The Doctor came in and after a moment found the baby's beating heart. "He said once you find it you know it's always been there." Part of me wanted to sing He's got the whole world in His hands and the other part of me wanted to puke. We have a baby and a beating heart which by the way is the greatest sound in the world! We have a medical sonogram scheduled for Thursday the 28Th, oh wow that's tomorrow! Yes, we will get to find out then what we are having. So I will let you know, asap! Thank you all again for your prayers, I will never underestimate them.
2 comments:
- Christy said...
-
That post was way too stressful to read. You should have prefaced it with the statement that everything was ok so I didn't have to read so fast. I'm breathing again now.
Praying for you. Can't wait to hear the next news. -
January 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM
- Holland said...
-
oh baby im soo sorry i thought that i was even writing about it would be indication that every thing was ok. and that i was talking about the mascara in my ears! im soo sorry, forgive me. i forget that everyone does not have to relive it as I did.
-
January 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That post was way too stressful to read. You should have prefaced it with the statement that everything was ok so I didn't have to read so fast. I'm breathing again now.
Praying for you. Can't wait to hear the next news.
oh baby im soo sorry i thought that i was even writing about it would be indication that every thing was ok. and that i was talking about the mascara in my ears! im soo sorry, forgive me. i forget that everyone does not have to relive it as I did.
Post a Comment