Monday, February 2, 2009
Boy? - Girl?
Before I get into whats going on with the baby I want to share how thankful I am for Geoff's job. Because of the economy his employer decided to lay off 2,600 employees (effective Thursday) God knows every little detail and knows what we need before we ever can begin to worry about it. Another 2,000 are to be layed off in a couple weeks but for now my husband has a job and insurance.
We went for the sonogram on Thursday, took the girls for the momentous occasion and instead of finding out what the baby is, we found that the baby has many problems. The baby had it's legs crossed and would not share so we still don't know if it's a boy or girl. The sono tech guessed girl. I don’t know if the problems the baby has are life threatening. I did not have the presence of mind to ask the Dr. since what he was saying suddenly became a foreign language, and somewhat all too familiar. Kind of like when you remember enough of Spanish 101 to understand what someone is saying but not being able to respond. Based on our past history I would tend to assume the answer to that question is yes, because many of the problems are similar to the boys’ problems. We are scheduled to see a specialist on February 12Th @ 9:00am.
Many questions are being asked and I decided this might be the best way to fill as many of you as we can in without being redundant.
How are we doing? At this moment we are good! Moments change quickly, but for now I am filled with peace and overflowing with God’s love. Some precious friends shared a sermon on how Great our God is and I can’t help but be overwhelmed and overflowing with His love. I will post that sermon later.
How can we help? Pray
How can we help in a tangible hands on way? We don't have an answer for this, It seems to be a long road ahead if something comes up we will let you know.
How can we pray? Prayer for the baby - This baby is more active than any other child I have been pregnant with. We are choosing to enjoy every minute of this baby’s life, however long it may be. Our prayer right now is that a miracle will be done in this baby’s life. God is bigger than life, He did create it. We have a little over a week till our next sonogram, so we are praying at that time God’s mighty hand will reveal a perfect and precious child created in God’s image. I believe miracles are not just stories in the Bible but they are alive and happening today. I have no doubt my God can indeed heal this little one. I would love for the Dr.’s to be dumbfounded and God be the only explanation. May God be glorified.
Prayer for us - Pray that we would be consumed with a holy fire. That His light would shine through us to those that don’t know. And that we would unabashedly share. Pray that we would spend our time wisely soaking in His word. I am finding that the days where I get caught up in the day, that those are the days I fall the hardest. His word is becoming more and more precious to me with each passing day. Pray that I will be strong for Geoff and him for me. So far we have been able to take turns and with that. Pray that it continues. Pray that we continue to see all that God has and continues to bless us with. Pray that we will be an unwavering example to the children God has already given us.
Prayer for our girls – I so much want to shelter them from any pain. Part of me wishes that I could say that they were oblivious to it all but then they would never see or learn of our God’s indescribable love. For Grace I ask that she not bottle all that she is experiencing inside of her, but that she would be open and pliable to learn from what God is doing. For Amia, her heart is so tender, pray that she would not harden or become bitter because of this. That God would mold all of their hearts from this to further His plan for their lives. Zoe is a bit logical in her processing, I ask that her heart would be touched and she could also see what a great and mighty God we have.
Thank- you all for your love and prayers. We are once again struck by the love we are surrounded with. I deserve nothing and yet He gave me you.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Boy? - Girl?
Before I get into whats going on with the baby I want to share how thankful I am for Geoff's job. Because of the economy his employer decided to lay off 2,600 employees (effective Thursday) God knows every little detail and knows what we need before we ever can begin to worry about it. Another 2,000 are to be layed off in a couple weeks but for now my husband has a job and insurance.
We went for the sonogram on Thursday, took the girls for the momentous occasion and instead of finding out what the baby is, we found that the baby has many problems. The baby had it's legs crossed and would not share so we still don't know if it's a boy or girl. The sono tech guessed girl. I don’t know if the problems the baby has are life threatening. I did not have the presence of mind to ask the Dr. since what he was saying suddenly became a foreign language, and somewhat all too familiar. Kind of like when you remember enough of Spanish 101 to understand what someone is saying but not being able to respond. Based on our past history I would tend to assume the answer to that question is yes, because many of the problems are similar to the boys’ problems. We are scheduled to see a specialist on February 12Th @ 9:00am.
Many questions are being asked and I decided this might be the best way to fill as many of you as we can in without being redundant.
How are we doing? At this moment we are good! Moments change quickly, but for now I am filled with peace and overflowing with God’s love. Some precious friends shared a sermon on how Great our God is and I can’t help but be overwhelmed and overflowing with His love. I will post that sermon later.
How can we help? Pray
How can we help in a tangible hands on way? We don't have an answer for this, It seems to be a long road ahead if something comes up we will let you know.
How can we pray? Prayer for the baby - This baby is more active than any other child I have been pregnant with. We are choosing to enjoy every minute of this baby’s life, however long it may be. Our prayer right now is that a miracle will be done in this baby’s life. God is bigger than life, He did create it. We have a little over a week till our next sonogram, so we are praying at that time God’s mighty hand will reveal a perfect and precious child created in God’s image. I believe miracles are not just stories in the Bible but they are alive and happening today. I have no doubt my God can indeed heal this little one. I would love for the Dr.’s to be dumbfounded and God be the only explanation. May God be glorified.
Prayer for us - Pray that we would be consumed with a holy fire. That His light would shine through us to those that don’t know. And that we would unabashedly share. Pray that we would spend our time wisely soaking in His word. I am finding that the days where I get caught up in the day, that those are the days I fall the hardest. His word is becoming more and more precious to me with each passing day. Pray that I will be strong for Geoff and him for me. So far we have been able to take turns and with that. Pray that it continues. Pray that we continue to see all that God has and continues to bless us with. Pray that we will be an unwavering example to the children God has already given us.
Prayer for our girls – I so much want to shelter them from any pain. Part of me wishes that I could say that they were oblivious to it all but then they would never see or learn of our God’s indescribable love. For Grace I ask that she not bottle all that she is experiencing inside of her, but that she would be open and pliable to learn from what God is doing. For Amia, her heart is so tender, pray that she would not harden or become bitter because of this. That God would mold all of their hearts from this to further His plan for their lives. Zoe is a bit logical in her processing, I ask that her heart would be touched and she could also see what a great and mighty God we have.
Thank- you all for your love and prayers. We are once again struck by the love we are surrounded with. I deserve nothing and yet He gave me you.
6 comments:
- Unknown said...
-
I'll just keep praying! Love you, Holl...
-
February 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
I'll be praying for you my friend!! I love you!!
-
February 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM
- Phyllis said...
-
Hi Holland,
Christy told me about your blog. I hope you don't mind my visit. My heart goes out to you...I feel your pain, and I'll be praying for you.
Mrs. Wallin -
February 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
I am praying for a miracle as well! A good friend of mine had a sonogram that showed that her baby's heart was on the wrong side of her chest. We all began praying immediately! The next day the doctor called back to say that there had been a mistake - that he had read the sono wrong. When he had gone back to review, he found her heart right where it was supposed to be. We believe in miracles!
-
February 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM
- sastigall said...
-
My heart aches for you. I'll be praying.
-
February 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM
- Marijah said...
-
You most definitely all have our love and prayers!!
And a hug from across the country. -
February 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM

6 comments:
I'll just keep praying! Love you, Holl...
I'll be praying for you my friend!! I love you!!
Hi Holland,
Christy told me about your blog. I hope you don't mind my visit. My heart goes out to you...I feel your pain, and I'll be praying for you.
Mrs. Wallin
I am praying for a miracle as well! A good friend of mine had a sonogram that showed that her baby's heart was on the wrong side of her chest. We all began praying immediately! The next day the doctor called back to say that there had been a mistake - that he had read the sono wrong. When he had gone back to review, he found her heart right where it was supposed to be. We believe in miracles!
My heart aches for you. I'll be praying.
You most definitely all have our love and prayers!!
And a hug from across the country.
Post a Comment