Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

A photographer friend of ours who recently shot some family pictures for us told us about an incredible organization whose purpose is very dear to our hearts. It’s called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. The Today show did a piece on them and here is the link to that Today Show.They are a group of photographers all over the country that capture the brief memories of babies with a fatal prognosis. We were able to take part in something kind of like this for our daughter Aida. I do not possess the words to tell you how much having a visual reminder of children is. It reminds me that they are not forgotten and are very much still part of our lives and who we are.
After taking our family picture our friend asked if he could enter our family into a Contest that supports Now I Lay me Down to Sleep. We agreed, because it raises money for this incredible group of photographers. I share this with you, so
 1. You can know too about this life changing group, and possibly share it with someone else who needs it.
 2. You can vote for our family and also help raise money so that others going through a similar situation can be blessed by them.
Voting cost 1 dollar and you can go HERE  to do so by clicking on photographers, then scrolling down and selecting "Dewees" and then choosing the KISCH Family!
Click on our pic to vote and then fill out the info. Thanks voting ends April 8th and winners receive a new car.

4 comments:

Kerry High said...

Hi Holland, I am so happy for you to have pictures of Aida, what a gift and a blessing. Kevin has been praying about getting involved with NILMDTS, as Ryan has spurred within him a passion to capture those precious memories for parents, and families, to treasure.

Holland said...

Oh! I was going to ask if you all knew about it. I dont even know-know Kevin and yet that appears to be such a perfect fit. From what I have seen of his work you can tell that he captures the life in every moment. Priceless in those situations.

Our pictures of Aida were not taken by professional photographer but rather the nurses. My experience I was sharing of were the one the photogs took at her funeral. Just wanted to clarify. I feel as tho we kinda missed out on nilmdts pics. But so thankful for what we do have.

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerry High said...

We can totally relate - we have 5 pics of Ryan taken by the nicu nurse, we're very grateful to at least have something. But I admit I wish we had more... I'll stop there, shouldn't have a pity party for myself :)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

A photographer friend of ours who recently shot some family pictures for us told us about an incredible organization whose purpose is very dear to our hearts. It’s called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. The Today show did a piece on them and here is the link to that Today Show.They are a group of photographers all over the country that capture the brief memories of babies with a fatal prognosis. We were able to take part in something kind of like this for our daughter Aida. I do not possess the words to tell you how much having a visual reminder of children is. It reminds me that they are not forgotten and are very much still part of our lives and who we are.
After taking our family picture our friend asked if he could enter our family into a Contest that supports Now I Lay me Down to Sleep. We agreed, because it raises money for this incredible group of photographers. I share this with you, so
 1. You can know too about this life changing group, and possibly share it with someone else who needs it.
 2. You can vote for our family and also help raise money so that others going through a similar situation can be blessed by them.
Voting cost 1 dollar and you can go HERE  to do so by clicking on photographers, then scrolling down and selecting "Dewees" and then choosing the KISCH Family!
Click on our pic to vote and then fill out the info. Thanks voting ends April 8th and winners receive a new car.

4 comments:

Kerry High said...

Hi Holland, I am so happy for you to have pictures of Aida, what a gift and a blessing. Kevin has been praying about getting involved with NILMDTS, as Ryan has spurred within him a passion to capture those precious memories for parents, and families, to treasure.

Holland said...

Oh! I was going to ask if you all knew about it. I dont even know-know Kevin and yet that appears to be such a perfect fit. From what I have seen of his work you can tell that he captures the life in every moment. Priceless in those situations.

Our pictures of Aida were not taken by professional photographer but rather the nurses. My experience I was sharing of were the one the photogs took at her funeral. Just wanted to clarify. I feel as tho we kinda missed out on nilmdts pics. But so thankful for what we do have.

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerry High said...

We can totally relate - we have 5 pics of Ryan taken by the nicu nurse, we're very grateful to at least have something. But I admit I wish we had more... I'll stop there, shouldn't have a pity party for myself :)

Text