Thursday, May 20, 2010

Words I Love

I can never seem to get enough of my children's thoughts.....wait let me rephrase that. The thoughts that make a smile spread across my face like a wave eternally embracing the shore. Those are the thoughts I can never get enough of. To be perfectly honest the thoughts that ramble on with no direction and only serve to evaporate air....Those ones I can however get enough of. And before I prove to you where my children get the latter, on with my point.....

We often have our best conversations in the car.
A few nights ago one of those lingering smiles held my face with just such a conversation.
Mom I can't wait to babysit!-Grace
I know baby you will be a great babysitter.
Mom I can't wait either, Somebody told me once when I was holding so&so that I would be good at taking care of kids! - Amia
Sounds like fun!
Mom! Do you know what I cant wait for? -Zoe
No Zoe what?
I cant wait for all the babies to quit their whining!-Zoe
hmmm (big smile/stifled guffaw)


Another such conversation happened tonight.
When God created the world He did not use a pen and paper to make His design did he? - Grace
Nope, What did He do?
He spoke - both Grace and Amia shout in perfect harmony
Right
Silence
Mom? Wasn't that Kinda lazy of God to not make a design and just speak instead?- Amia
Powerful yes, Lazy, No. If you tell your sister to get you the pencil on the floor next to you yes that's lazy but if   God commands the stars into being that's powerful. You understand?
Yes - Amia
Mom when I grow up I want to be a computer genius. -Amia
OK baby

2 comments:

christina said...

So Sweet! You are so good to record these.

Doty said...

Thanks for sharing, now I've had a laugh and am smiling. Love you all =)

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Words I Love

I can never seem to get enough of my children's thoughts.....wait let me rephrase that. The thoughts that make a smile spread across my face like a wave eternally embracing the shore. Those are the thoughts I can never get enough of. To be perfectly honest the thoughts that ramble on with no direction and only serve to evaporate air....Those ones I can however get enough of. And before I prove to you where my children get the latter, on with my point.....

We often have our best conversations in the car.
A few nights ago one of those lingering smiles held my face with just such a conversation.
Mom I can't wait to babysit!-Grace
I know baby you will be a great babysitter.
Mom I can't wait either, Somebody told me once when I was holding so&so that I would be good at taking care of kids! - Amia
Sounds like fun!
Mom! Do you know what I cant wait for? -Zoe
No Zoe what?
I cant wait for all the babies to quit their whining!-Zoe
hmmm (big smile/stifled guffaw)


Another such conversation happened tonight.
When God created the world He did not use a pen and paper to make His design did he? - Grace
Nope, What did He do?
He spoke - both Grace and Amia shout in perfect harmony
Right
Silence
Mom? Wasn't that Kinda lazy of God to not make a design and just speak instead?- Amia
Powerful yes, Lazy, No. If you tell your sister to get you the pencil on the floor next to you yes that's lazy but if   God commands the stars into being that's powerful. You understand?
Yes - Amia
Mom when I grow up I want to be a computer genius. -Amia
OK baby

2 comments:

christina said...

So Sweet! You are so good to record these.

Doty said...

Thanks for sharing, now I've had a laugh and am smiling. Love you all =)

Text