
Often as moms we become hardened to the words that come from our kids lips. Then at some point along the way we even begin to discredit what they say. Living in a house with four girls, (myself included) drama runs rampant. For instance if one child lets loose a blood curdling scream that an otherwise "normal" mom might think her child has surely lost a limb. I know that, that response is code for excuse me but i do believe you mistakenly put on my shirt today instead of yours. May I please have it back. Or if one of my precious dears says MOM! so and so is using a sharpie for make-up again! Or mom! my neck hurts which is code for I'm going to puke all over you. Some of these situations make me bolt from my bon-bon induced coma into action others leave me in ignorant bliss.
However, I learned this week that some can also leave you teetering on the fence. Like Zoe, when whe told me her belly button was making hunny. That's sweet dear. I have no idea what she is talking about nor do i think investigating the situation will make things clearer. She has no limitation in her imagination and often leaves everyone clueless. The more I ponder her world of a honey producing belly I cant help but giggle at what Pooh bear would say....I have a rumbly in my tumbly....oh hhhmmm its just a smackeral of honey. think, think think.... As I do just that I decide to play along with her and check out this new money making venture we have brewing right here in one of my own children.
WOW!!! To my complete shock she was not making it up. Her belly was oozing and "crispy" not only that it was all red and hard. Incase you have missed it at this point i have already sprang into my wondermom costume loaded three kids into the car called the dr and found the keys. So after two trips to the dr and two trips to the pharmacy we find out that somehow she managed to get what is called cellulitus. Its described as a potentially life threatening bacterial skin infection, that can get into your bloodstream. EeEEeeewWww! It can be treated with antibiotics. So no more teetering or bon-bons for me. She is no longer saying silly things about her body and is doing much better. But I have to wonder if cellulitus has anything to with cellulite and if it can be cured with an antiobiotic then I might just be making a third trip to the Dr. this week..................
Oh man! Wikipedia was quick to destroy my therory on how to get rid of those extra bon-bons on my thighs.

2 comments:
So glad you discovered the "honey" before it got really bad. Zoe is an alert little girl and obviously very sweet to be oozing with honey.
Man, I'm coming to you if my belly button starts oozing....
Post a Comment